What is Ovulation?
In simple words, ovulation cycle is the process when the ovary releases the egg and it goes to the fallopian tube and matured enough to be fertilized. One egg is matured every month, the egg reaches fallopian tube and waits for the sperm and uterus. If in case an egg is not fertilized the uterus is thickened and then the process of menstruation occurs. Ovulation cycle simply means if you do not ovulate there are no chances to get pregnant. You can find many articles, books, and different stuff about ovulation but apparently, they aren’t clear enough to understand easily. It varies from woman to woman, as it could be between 28 days to 32 days but ultimately it depends on the individual. Here are some beneficial points to know about ovulation cycle and when do you ovulate or how long does ovulation last. Many people ask when do women ovulate.
When are Ovulation and key facts?
- Some key facts that every woman needs to know about their ovulation, as it will help them t be familiar with about their internal cycle. Below you can find some key facts about ovulation cycle.
- Woman are born with the total number of eggs they are going to have in their lifetime. Almost 1 to 2 million eggs are present in the ovaries of a baby girl. When she reaches puberty half of the eggs are absorbed and about 250 to 40 immature eggs transform into mature eggs.
- An egg is in the fallopian tube for almost 5 to 10 hours waiting for male’s sperm to get fertilized and besides that even sperms lives for 4 to 5 days in woman’s body and look for the egg to get fertilized.
- If you are trying to conceive a child you can even have sex before ovulation, as I have mentioned above sperm can live for more than 4 days.
- A man releases more than 250 million sperms during ejaculation however only one sperm will make your egg fertilize.
- Ovulation is also affected by external environment if you want to get pregnant try to release your job stress and illness and stay relax and make yourself comfortable.
- The sex of your child is ultimately determined by your male partner, if the sperm carries x chromosome it will be a girl and if y chromosome it will be a baby boy.
- You can ovulate if have periods and even if you have not periods you can still ovulate.
- In case if your egg is not fertilized by the sperm it will dissolve into the uterus or pass out during menstruation.
- Ovulation happens because of two hormones, luteinizing hormone, and follicle stimulating hormone.
- Basal Body temperature (BBT) is the best way to monitor when you are going to ovulate.
- According to the latest research, your smelling sense increases while ovulation.
When does ovulation occur?
Woman become fertile during ovulation cycle, and that’s why it is important to track my ovulation cycle. Ovulation tracker tells you when are you most fertile. Either you are going conceive a child or want to avoid pregnancy, one needs to know about her ovulation cycle. The menstrual cycle can determine your ovulation, if it is irregular you can even get to know by your basal body temperature (BBT). Even you can track your cervical muscle. Ovulation calculation also helps you know more about your body biology. Period and ovulation tracker can be easily found on the internet. Fertility tracker is widely used by many women around the world, especially in Latin America and the Asia Pacific.
How To Calculate Ovulation and Menstrual Cycle
As I have explained above ovulation calculation is never an issue, you can easily calculate your ovulation cycle. Most women ask when am I ovulating, simple just look at your menstrual cycle, BBT, and cervical mucus.
It is very easy to calculate your menstrual cycle. The first day of your period is the starting point of your cycle and the first day of your next period s the end of your cycle. For example, if your period starts on June 15, and next period starts July 11, it means your menstrual cycle lasts 27 days. Now you just have track your menstrual cycle for 3 to 4 months. If the results are same you can easily track your ovulation while if it is irregular and results are different every time, you can determine by Basal Body Temperature (BBT). Ovulation usually occurs 2 weeks after your menstrual cycle starts, like if your menstrual cycle is about 32 days subtract 14 days, you will be most fertile on those particular days. and other two options are the same as by your (BBT) and by analyzing your cervical muscle.